Visual Studio 2010 Support

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Greetings everyone,

In the next few weeks I'll be checking in support for VS 2010 Beta 2.  New features and bug fixes will apply to both the 2008 and 2010 versions and I have absolutely no intentions on dropping support for 2008 any time soon.

-Shaun

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:13 PM

So is it going to be a VS2010 version ?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Yes, I've got a version compatible with VS2010 already I just haven't had the chance to update the source to include it.  I'll see if I can push out a new release soon that includes it as well as a few updates to the 2008 version.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Nice, i'm reallly looking forward to it.

Keep up the good work.

Apr 20, 2010 at 7:29 AM

VS2010 is released, guess it is time to update. Waiting~

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I'll be posting an update sometime this weekend :)  Sorry for the delay, my schedule has been very hectic to say the least.

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:16 PM
hi, i wrote to salec and email but i didn't receive reply so i post here: it would cool and useful to have the intellisense support for lua and here i found and article that explain the basics of how to add it: http://www.devx.com/VS_2010/Article/45058 Maybe you can check it and tell us if it will be implemented, a new game will came out and i will need to mod it with lua so i really would have a plugin that can handle well lua in visual studio
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Since intellisense is a combination of features, could you be more specific in which aspects of intellisense you would like to see? Navigation bars are done for VS 2008 and will be ported to VS 2010 soon. My next major task will be member completion and quick info. It will not be automatic though for now.. Given how flexible Lua tables are it's near impossible to determine what the Lua environment will be prior to actually running the code in a Lua state. My first goal is just defining the Lua standard library in an XML format that will be used to auto complete on recognized global variables. May I ask which game you are looking to mod that uses Lua? -Shaun
Aug 8, 2010 at 8:15 AM

i'm modding crysis and i would like to see the member completion and quick info. This would be a really important thing

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:17 AM

I may be missing something obvious. I see the extension in my extenstion manager but I cannot figure out how to create a project or files for lua...How does this thing work?

Sep 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Can't seem to getting it working in Visual C# Express, so I am guessing maybe MS crippled express editions to not use extensions?