All test files demonstrate errors

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Error 1 Syntax error, expected: ( , . : [ string { = numerics.lua 7 9 Miscellaneous Files

Error 2 Syntax error, expected: ( , . : [ string { = C:\Projects\LuaLangPack\Tests\comments.lua 13 16 Miscellaneous Files

Error 3 Invalid character: ''' C:\Projects\LuaLangPack\Tests\strings.lua 3 5 Miscellaneous Files

There are some pretty glaring errors in the Lua grammar, as you can see from the above error list. Of the three .lua files included in the Test folder, none of them parses cleanly.  All of them are valid, and parse cleanly without syntax errors in other VS Lua language service packs (such as LuaLangPack by Trystan.org).

I'm rather surprised I haven't seen this mentioned before. I'm only doing a cursory review of this package for now, trying to determine which one I will eventually use, so I have not yet tried to resolve this issue. It may turn out to be fairly simple, I don't know.

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Thank you for reporting this.  Some errors are intentional as I use them to ensure that previous bugs are not re-appearing.  I intend on adding a more formal and automated test project in the near future.

Other errors were due to the lack of a much needed update.  I've recently posted a new release that should fix all of these problems.

While my activity on this project has been rather stagnant, I can assure you that over the next several months this project will become much more active.  I've recently found out that this library will be used in a commercial product later this year and I've committed myself to ensuring that this add-on is in good condition and stable.  I'll also be including many standard intellisense features.

If there are any particular issues or features you would like, please feel free to post them on the issue tracker as any feedback I can get will only serve to better this project.

-Shaun

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Thank you for responding. The errors that I am seeing did not appear to be intentional, and are ocurring on otherwise valid Lua code, otherwise I'd not have reported on them :)

I will check out the new update.

Thank you for your time and effort, and for making this project available to us :)

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM
salec wrote: I've recently found out that this library will be used in a commercial product later this year

For what it's worth, my primary purpose in evaluating this library and others like it is for a product in development that may eventually be a commercial product as well. Whether it remains open source or eventually becomes commercial depends on a lot of factors, but either way we hope that it will see broad usage among our community and be helpful for many people :)

Thanks again.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:25 AM
salec wrote: I've recently posted a new release that should fix all of these problems.

It does indeed, thank you.