Step by Step Guide?

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I have C# and VB experience, but I have never used LUA. I wanted to use the VS IDE because I'm already familiar with it. However, I can't find how to use the LUA extension, which I installed successfully in VS2010 Professional. I can't find a step-by-step guide either. What should I do? Which are the steps to see a LUA solution in VS? Thank you.

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

hello, i've the same problem. did you find a solution to your question ? I installed succesfully lua extension and i can see it in extension manager of visual studio. But i can't figure out how lunching the editor.

I thought i would find it in "other language  template"  of visual studio but it wasn 't there

Thank you

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:14 PM
What happens when you load a .lua file in visual (File > Open file) ?

2011/2/7 ecamerin <notifications@codeplex.com>

hello, i've the same problem. did you find a solution to your question ? I installed succesfully lua extension and i can see it in extension manager of visual studio. But i can't figure out how lunching the editor.

I thought i would find it in "other language template" of visual studio but it wasn 't there

Thank you

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (vslua@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email vslua@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I opened the .lua file but all the command are not active. (start debugging, step into ).

I' can't debug and view the result of the program.

Thank you for your help

Enrico

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2011 at 4:04 PM

The Lua add-on is only an Editor add-on.  It doesn't include a built-in debugger.  You'll be able to edit Lua files, but how the files get used, whether they are executed as Lua embedded in another application or using the stand-alone run time client, will be up to you and how you configure your project.

-Shaun

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Thank you for your indication

Enrico